Thursday, February 5, 2009

Eli's 1 Year Check Up

Today I took Eli to the Dr for his 1 year check up. I was excited to take him because I wanted to see if is 20 lbs. We are getting ready to switch him to a bigger carseat and if he is 20 lbs he can face forward. Well he is 19 lbs 9.6 oz. So he will be facing backwards a little bit longer. Oh well. He is still in the 10 percentile for height and weight which surprises me. We also got a little surprise at the Drs. He was checking him out and said that Eli had an ear infection. WHAT?!? I would know if my son was sick right. He hasn't acted sick at all. He has had a little cold since Sunday. He has also had a runny nose and a low grade fever of and on, never above 99.8. He is also teething right now so I just figured that was why he had a fever. He seriously hasn't acted sick. He has been his playful self, eating fine and sleeping great. At least he isn't hurting. So since he has had a fever in the past 24 hours he didn't get any shots today so we have to go back in 3 weeks for his 1 year shots.

We have also had some firsts this week. Since Eli is one we have started him on whole milk. He seems to enjoy it. We have just been giving it to him at dinner for now. We want to ease him into it.

He took a drink

and then looked at it like what is this, but then went back to drinking it!






Tonight we also brushed Eli's teeth for the first time. I had asked the Dr about it and he said it wasn't necessary but we could give it a try. He said to make it fun and not to force it. Eli really enjoyed it. I had fun too!



So the plan was after Eli turned 1 I would slowly wean him off nursing. My plan was to eliminate the morning feeding first and let him get used to that and then I would eliminate the evening feeding. Well Eli had a plan of his own. He has completely lost interest in nursing at all. I haven't nursed him the past 2 days. I think it is wonderful that he has basically weaned himself. I was worried that it would be hard on both of us. I should have known my laid back baby would be fine with it. I love this little boy!

No comments: