Thursday, January 29, 2009

One Year Ago Today!!!!

One year ago today was Tuesday, January 29th 2008. I was 3 weeks and 1 day away from my due date. I couldn't wait to meet my little boy, but I knew that it could still be a few weeks. I got up and went to work that day excited that I had only 4 days of work left! At work I taught my classes like normal, but before I left for the day I had an urge to pack up my stuff. So I packed up all the stuff from the classroom that was mine and loaded it in my car. I went home excited about the next day. Some of the parents of my students were throwing me a "surprise" baby shower!!! It was supposed to be a surprise, but what do they expect telling 3 and 4 year olds!! I was also excited about Wednesday because I was going to have another ultrasound and then I had a Dr appointment. My Dr had talked about inducing my around 38 weeks because of my gestational diabetes and I was hoping we would schedule the induction.
That night Mike and I decided to get rid of all the boxes we had from the baby furniture and shower gifts. So we loaded up both of our cars and drove to a recycling bin. We knew they were calling for storms that night so we wanted to hurry. While we were there the wind really picked up. I was getting nervous because I hate storms so we really hurried. Right as we finished it started to rain. On the five minute drive home this horrible storm broke out. It was raining so hard I could barely see. I was stopped at a stoplight and a big billboard sign came rolling through the intersection. I was completely freaked out. I was thinking there was going to be a tornado and I was in my car!! We both made it home safely and the storm actually moved through pretty quickly. The cable was out on the tv so we decided to watch a movie. We had had Even Almighty for a few weeks but never watched it. So we decided to watch it. This is significant because Mike and I watched Bruce Almighty the first time we ever hung out together!
After the movie I went to bed and I told Mike not to stay up too late because we had the Ultrasound in the morning. I think he rolled into bed about 3:00 that next morning and 2 hours later at 5:00 I woke him up to let him know my water broke and it was going to be a very special day!!!!! 11 1/2 hours later at 4:35 PM on Wednesday January 30th, 2008 I was holding my precious baby boy!

1 comment:

Beth said...

This is a great story - I don't think I ever heard the whole thing! I do remember that dad called us at like 5:30am to tell us you guys were on your way to the hospital, then I couldn't wait to get off work all day and even left early so we could be there when he arrived :)

Then we had a great time hanging out with your mom and my mom and J and M in the waiting room! Then we had to wait until you named that boy to come see him!!! We all told Michael to let YOU name him - "No Pain, No name!" And it's a good thing - Eli is the perfect name for him!