Thursday, January 22, 2009

Catching Up!!

There hasn't been too much going on around here lately. We have just been laying low at home. I have been following Eli constantly. He loves to crawl into the kitchen through the toy room and also over to the front door. It must be something about the flooring. So I now have figured out a way to block him in the living room. It took a kitchen chair, the exersaucer, his big giraffe toy, his toy table and a toy box but it works. He is also walking more and more these days. He pulls up to anything and takes off. This is another reason I am following him everywhere. He thinks he can walk everywhere, including over toys. He is constantly falling. Most of the time he is fine but I have to watch him when he pulls up to our recliner because he likes to walk towards the wall. He has already fallen once and slid his head down the textured wall. Of course that left a mark. I find a new bump or bruise almost everyday. Hopefully this stage won't last long.
I have also found that Eli likes a TV show. He hasn't ever noticed the tv before, but in the afternoons I watch a 3 year old so every once in a while she will ask to watch tv. One day Yo Gabba Gabba came on and all for of the kids stopped playing and watched. That included a 3 year old, 2 1 year olds(well Eli is almost 1) and a 7 month old. Now everytime it comes on Eli gets so excited. It is too adorable. We don't watch it too often, but it is nice to turn on while I am fixing lunch. Usually Eli and Kennedy both whine to come into the kitchen with me. Now they watch Yo Gabba Gabba. It is actually a pretty cute show. I can see why the little ones like it. It is full of bright colors and there is constant music. I don't mind letting him watch it, and it is so cute that he recognizes it and gets excited.
Here are some random pictures from the last week, I have been trying to get a video of Eli walking but everytime I pull out the camera he sits down to crawl. Hopefully I will be able to get one soon. :-)


Eli loves Reggie and Maggie, he laughs everytime they come near him and today he took off chasing them. They already know to run from him!

This is Eli watching Yo Gabba Gabba. Usually I will move him as soon as he pulls up to the TV, but this was too cute and I needed a picture.


Eli loves to help me with laundry. This usually involves him taking the folded clothes out of the laundry basket. Not much of a help.

This isn't the best picture, but he is standing by himself clapping. He loves to clap!

Eli's favorite thing to do is to look at books. He loves his books. He stands up next to the book crate and pulls half of them out and then sits down to look at them. His favorite right now is a book about colors that his daddy bought for him

2 comments:

Ty and Michelle Lewis said...

so sweet! I love the picture in his laundry basket! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Grandma needs one of those laundry basket pictures!! Too cute!!!