Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eli's First Big Owie!

Today Eli got his first big owie. He was trying to stand up next to a chair I had blocking him from the kitchen and he fell and bumped his head on a wooden bar. He started crying and I picked him up immediately and saw a bruise. I couldn't believe there was already a bruise and I could actually see it starting to swell. I think I was more upset than he was. He stopped crying as soon as I picked him up and gave him his blankie, but I was still upset. I think Eli was confused as to why I was crying, he just kept looking at me. It just looked absolutely horrible. I am glad he wasn't upset. It must not of hurt him too bad, he didn't even flinch when I touched it. The swelling quickly went down and left a small bump and it already looks so much better.

Mike and I were just talking last night about how Eli is starting to fall more. He tries to pull himself up next to everything and not everything is sturdy enough for him. He also likes to stand up next to something and push it across the room. He has 2 toys that he can walk with, and he does, but he still likes to push everything across the room. I guess we just need to be ready for more owies. I don't know that I can take more owies like this one.
Eli's First Owie

His little bump

He wasn't hurt too bad!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Poor little guy!!! Madeleine got her first big owie too at 11 months - she pulled the dunlavy's huge heavy fireplace screen down on her head. I definitely cried more than she did :)