Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Potty Trained by 3: Check!

I am so proud of Jude!  He is officially potty trained and I can't believe how easy it was!  He has been sitting on his little potty here and there but nothing consistent and it was always us asking him if he wanted to try.  We decided we weren't going to push it until we thought he was ready.  A few months ago he was asking to wear his Mickey underwear so I thought we would give it a try.  He started off good but then had an accident around lunch time and was completely devastated.  He was begging for his diaper.  I did get him to go on the potty again but he started bawling because he didn't want to put his underwear back on.  I didn't push it because I could tell he wasn't ready.

On Sunday June 24th we were over at Grandma and Papa's swimming and Eli said he needed to go potty, Jude said he also wanted to go potty.  We told him that if he really wanted to go potty at grandma and papa's we had to start going potty at home first.  So Monday, 6/25, he asked to wear some underwear so I had him sit on the potty first.  After he went we put on his underwear and set the timer.  Through out the day I continued to set the timer and have him sit and try for a few minutes each time.  If he didn't go we would set the timer for just a few minutes.  If he did go we would set the timer for 20-30 minutes.  Throughout the day he had 4 accidents, 2 of which he started to go and then finished on the potty so I consider those successes.
At bed time I told him it was time to put his diaper on and got really upset.  He said he wanted to be a big boy and that meant no more diapers.  Luckily we had a few pull ups left over from when Eli was potty training and Jude was ok with wearing a pullup.
Tuesday Jude woke up dry and immediately went on the potty and then changed into his underwear.  We continued with the timer but more often then not he was telling me he had to go.  He had ZERO accidents on Tuesday!  I was so proud of him and he was so proud of himself!
Wednesday morning he woke up dry, went potty and changed into his underwear and went on with his day completely potty trained!  No timer or anything!
So proud of my big boy!

1 comment:

Rajean B. said...

Way to go Jude! Such a big guy!