Friday, July 20, 2012

Isabel's 1 Year Check Up and Roseola

I took Isabel to her 1 year check up on Monday and she got a great report from the Dr.  She has seemed so big to me lately so I was anxious to see how much she had grown.  

Isabel's 1 Year Stats
Weight 21.3lbs 70%
Length 30in 75%
Head 18.in 71%
Gorgeous girl all ready for her check up
Waiting on the Dr
Isabel got a clean bill of health at her dr appointment but took a turn for the worse on Tuesday.  She woke up fine on Tuesday but seemed a little clingy, then Tuesday afternoon she had a fever.  It wasn't too high so I just assumed it was from the 2 top teeth that were coming in.  The fever stuck around all day Wednesday and Thursday.  She had no other symptoms so I was still thinking it could be teeth although at one point it got up to 102.5 and that is a little too high of a fever for teeth.  Finally she woke up this morning and was fever free!  I was glad that she was feeling better but was just kind of waiting for a rash to appear.  Eli had Roseola as a baby so I knew a fever with no other symptoms could be that.  Sure enough this afternoon I noticed a little rash on her neck and belly and it continued to spread throughout the evening.  I am glad she is feeling better but I definitely didn't mind all the cuddling this week.

Starting to not feel well on Tuesday
Cuddling with mommy on Wednesday
Poor girl just couldn't get comfortable
She had a hard time going to sleep Wednesday night
Still not feeling the best Thursday morning
Giving mommy a little smile
Cooling off with some frozen peaches

Poor girl was miserable at times :-(
Late Thursday night as she struggled to go to sleep


Taking her morning nap on mommy


Fever free this morning

The rash on her neck

1 comment:

Beth said...

Poor baby! M had that too. Miserable!