Friday, October 15, 2010

National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Today I am remembering my sweet angel that we lost on May 11th, 2006 at 11 weeks 5 days. My due date was December 3rd, 2006. I still think of our angel all the time and for some reason it has really been getting to me lately. I think of things like "our little one would have started preschool this fall and would be turning 4 soon". I wonder if he would have looked like Eli or Jude or what his little personality would be like. I know that I am so blessed to have Elijah and Jude and I thank God for giving them to me everyday. My heart goes out to everyone who as ever lost a little one or is dealing with infertility.


On my due date my mom and sisters gave me the Willow Tree Angel of Remembrance. Right now that angel sits up on top of our kitchen cabinets next to the bottles of sparkling juice we received when each of the boys were born. I can look up there and think of all 3 of my children.


In honor of today Michael and I have to decided to name our little angel in heaven. I wish that we had done this when we lost him but it took me awhile to make sense of every thing and realize that it was important to me. I have been wanting to do this for awhile but thought maybe it was silly because it happened over 4 years ago.

So today and always we are remembering our sweet angel, Michael Ignatius.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Thank you for sharing your heart about this Jenni. Your sweet little one is praying for you up in Heaven! St. Michael, pray for us!

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

Michael Ignatius' Uncle John Ignatius, is taking care of him up in heaven. I am sure they are both praying for their families. We will be so happy to meet them someday!