Thursday, October 28, 2010

Back to Daycare

I am back in the daycare business now. I have enjoyed my time off since the move but I knew it was only temporary until I could find a few kids to watch in this area. I was actually starting to get a little worried that I wasn't finding anyone to watch but now I am back in full swing. I have been watching a 3 month old for about a month now. She is only here 2 days a week from 7am to 1pm. This week I also started watching a 2 year old little girl and her 6 month old brother. The little boy is coming every day and the little girl will only be here 2-3 days a week. I am very happy that Eli has a playmate close to his age and they play great together. Today was the first day that I had all 3 plus my 2 boys. For the most part it was fine, but for some reason neither of the babies wanted to nap this morning and just wanted to be held. We made it through and I really enjoyed the peace and quiet of nap time this afternoon!!!


Since there are babies in the house again I have had to bring out ALL the baby stuff. Our living room is now cluttered with the swing, bouncy seat, bumbo, baby mat, exersaucer, and other various baby toys. These things take up soooooooo much space, but they are an absolute necessity to have with these 2 babies. And of course now that I have brought this stuff out both of my boys have had to try them all out. I have caught them both in the bouncy seat and the bumbo several different times. Jude can't quite get into the bumbo by himself. I even caught Eli trying to climb into the swing the other day. :-) Eli also got himself stuck in the exersaucer. He climbed in by himself but managed to get both legs in the same leg hole and couldn't climb out. Jude would climb in the exersaucer by himself if he could but instead he just goes over and stands next to it and yells "Maaaaaa Maaaaa" until I put him in it. Such silly silly boys!
Eli in the bouncy seat

Jude in the bouncy seat

Jude in the bumboEli in the bumbo
Jude in the exersaucer
I am so happy that I am back to doing daycare. I can help provide for our family while Mike is still in school and still be at home with my boys. There isn't anywhere else I would rather be.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Do you like the bumbo? I am thinking of getting one for Ice for Christmas. I always wanted to try it.

Megan said...

Beth, I love our bumbo! Definitely worth it! :)
Avery and Lucy love to sit in the bumbo still! haha

Maggie said...

How do you get started with babysitting? I'm not sure if I would do it full time or not, but I've thought about it. Are there home-daycare licensing things to go through or how does it work?