Monday, March 16, 2009

My Little Climber

I just wanted to show you what Eli has been up to lately. :-)










I am constantly pulling Eli out of the toy buckets and crates and it just devastates him to tears. When he first started climbing I would say "Eli we don't climb" in a tone so he would know that I wasn't playing. Well it didn't take him too long before he turned around to me with a big smile on his face and said "Don't"! And now anytime we use a stern voice, mostly when talking to the dogs, Eli turns and says don't. I know it isn't a great word to teach a baby, but it is just too cute!

Eli is actually saying more and more words everyday. For a few weeks now we have been working on dog and ball and now he constantly says dog. One of Eli's favorite things to do his to go outside and look for ducks and whenever we see one he says duck. Duck and dog sound similar but I can tell what he is saying :-) He can also quack like a duck. He meows and barks but they sound very very similar. I do have a favorite word that Eli says. Eli loves to take the dogs outside with me. Whenever I ask the dogs if they want to go outside Eli gets so excited. One day when I asked Eli if he wanted to go outside with the dogs Eli ran to me and when I picked him up he said "outside". I couldn't believe it. Here I am trying to get him to say dog and duck and he says outside. It is so cute. I am trying to get it on video but he says it too quiet. :-)

6 comments:

Irene said...

So cute Jenni!!

Jenni said...

Oh yeah he can also bye bye and baby!

Beth said...

What a smart boy!!

Becky said...

He is so cute! My nephew's fist word was truck, but it came out F-U-C_K. He loved to say, 'look at the big F-U-C_K-s' it got a laugh from every one!

The Cochran Crew said...

Precious~~~

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

Grandma can't wait to hear him say all his new words! What a smiler he is! Such a happy boy!