Wednesday, March 4, 2009

13 Months and 13 Weeks

So today I am technically 14 weeks pregnant, but I meant to post this last week :-)
Last Wednesday I reached the 13 week mark in my pregnancy and this past weekend Eli turned 13 months. Since he was born on the 30th and February doesn't have a 30th we just have to pick a day I guess.

13 Months!!

My little 13 month old is a busy busy boy. He has learned that he can climb. He has started climbing on top of toy tubs so I thought I would be smart and just take the lids off. Well Eli thought that was fine and just climbs into the tubs. He then gets stuck and gets mad. He definately keeps me on my toes!

Just sitting in his book crate!

Climbing out of the toy crate!


A few weeks ago I took Eli to the Dr to get his 1 year shots. While we were there I had the Nurse check his weight and yay he is finally 20 lbs. This means he now gets to face forward in his carseat. He absolutley loves it. I was a little worried about switching his carseat because he still slept so well in his old carseat, but it all worked out. We went up to Fowler this past weekend for my mom's birthday and Eli slept for a little over an hour on the way!


He loves it!



Just a funny story to add: Eli hasn't been feeling well lately(that isn't the funny part). He had a fever of 102 last Thursday and a low grade fever off and on since then. He is very whiney (especially in the evening) and wants me to hold him all the time. The past 4 nights have been rough. He goes to bed around 8 and is back up by 10 screaming. It takes me about 20 to 30 minutes to calm him down and get him back to bed and then the rest of the night he is very restless. So yesterday I got him an appointment at the Dr. (this is the funny part). I just had Eli and one other kid I was watching(Kennedy) I talked to her dad and he said it was ok to just take her. I had her in the stroller and I was carrying Eli. I was a little worried about getting them both in there but thought once I got into the Dr office it would be fine. I had no trouble getting them in there. We get into the waiting room and a nurse walks in and Kennedy starts screaming. Apparently she has a fear of the Dr office. I have never heard her scream like that. She screamed the entire time. The Dr or nurse never touched her but she kept up the screaming until we left. They sure got us in and out of there quick! I will not be doing that again!

2 comments:

Irene said...

hahahaha your funny story was great! I'm sure babies know that nurses give shots that are no fun! Anyway, Eli looks absolutely ecstatic to be facing forward in his car seat; his smile always makes me smile! Congrats on the 13 weeks, time flies!

Jenni said...

Renie you are the best!