Saturday, December 22, 2012

Getting Ready for Christmas and Santa

We have been super busy getting ready for Christmas and it has been tons of family fun!  Last Saturday we took the kids to see Santa at the mall.  Before we could do that we had to color Santa a nice picture and make him a list.  The kids were so excited to see Santa.  Isabel loves to see Santa in books and on TV and it is so cute to hear her say Santa!  I was hoping that she would be excited to see Santa and sit on his lap but that wasn't the case.  She was excited as we waited in line but as we got closer and I got her out of her stroller her grip started getting tighter and tighter on my arm.  The boys walked right up to Santa and handed him their lists.  They sat next on the bench next to Santa and as I started to put Isabel down she started to cry so I put her on the floor instead and Jude held onto her hand.  She sure does love her big brothers!  After we were done and I was waiting for our picture Isabel couldn't take her eyes off of Santa.  She liked him as long as she wasn't too close. :-)
Eli with his picture for Santa
Eli's list.  We helped him sound out the letters and he wrote them.  There were a few that he needed help with but he knew how to write most of them!  1. Donatello 2. Fish Face 3. Skylander Friend 4. Surprises

Jude's picture for Santa
Jude's list for Santa.  Mike helped Jude write his list hand over hand.  1. Rapheal 2. Metal Head 3. Skylander Friend 4. Surprises
Doesn't Isabel look thrilled to go see Santa! :-)
Isabel's list
Looking over their lists with Santa!
Santa 2012
Watching Santa as we left
This past week was spent baking some Christmas goodies!  I made fudge, peanut butter fudge, some pies and Christmas cookies.  I had a few little elves to help me make the cookies!  The boys had a blast helping me roll and cut out the cookies and then we iced them on Tuesday.  Isabel played with the cookie cutters and has really enjoyed eating the cookies!  This was my first time making the fudge and peanut butter fudge!  I got the recipes from my mom and mother in law.  It was fun and they turned out yummy!

My little elves!
A smile
Doesn't she look ornery!
The best helpers I could ask for!
The boys enjoyed a green candy cane!
Jude requested that I take his picture in the mirror :-)
Eli after his green candy cane
Icing the cookies
Icing the cookies
Waiting for a cookie!
Eli with his cookies
Jude with his cookies
We have also been busy making some Christmas crafts.  The kids really enjoy making things and I enjoy doing the crafts with them!


Snowmen and Reindeer
Santas
Christmas Trees, Candy Canes, and Stockings
Christmas wreaths
Now we are all ready for Christmas!

No comments: