Thursday, December 6, 2012

Eli's Christmas Program

Tonight was Eli's Preschool Christmas Program.  He was so excited for it and he did such a great job.  I was also very excited for it.  Not only was this Eli's first school program but this was my first school program as a mommy!  It was a big day for us both. :-)  He had been practicing his songs at school for a few weeks and his teacher sent home a few of the songs so we could practice at home too.  At first Eli wouldn't sing his songs for us.  He kept saying they were only for at school and he couldn't sing them at home.  I kept trying to get him to practice with me but he wouldn't.  Then as we were decorating the Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving he started singing one of his songs.  I had tears in my eyes as I listened to him sing about little baby Jesus born on Christmas day.  Then as he finished his song he turned to me and said "I sang it for you because I love you."  I gave him a huge hug and told him that I loved him too as those tears in my eyes came pouring down my cheek.  I love this boy so much and he is such a sweet heart.

As they opened the curtain all the kids were waving and it was so cute!  It took us a few seconds to find where Eli was standing.  He was in the 2nd row and the boy standing in front of him was about the same size.  Eli did a great job!  He sang each of the songs and did all the hand motions too!  After the first few songs Eli waved really big to us!  I loved seeing that!  Afterwards he told us that he saw daddy but he only saw my hands and my camera, not my face. :-)  I had to make sure I captured this big moment!  It was so very memorable!  We were very blessed to have both Papaw and Papa come see Eli at his program.  Eli loved having him there and it meant a lot to the whole family.  


All ready for his Preschool Christmas Program
Brothers
With Papaw
Papaw and Isabel
All the Pre-K classes
Singing away!
Pre- K and the 3's classes

Eli and Papa
Proud Daddy
Proud Momma!

No comments: