Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Decorating for Christmas!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!  We were able to celebrate with each side of our family over the past week.  We started off last weekend and had a very yummy Thanksgiving dinner with my dad, then we headed to my mom's for a big Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day, and we finished with a delicious brunch Friday morning with Mike's side of the family.  We are blessed with such a wonderful extended family and we are so happy that we were able to celebrate with everyone.  It is always fun to see all the cousins together.
All the little Indian cousins at my mom's on Thanksgiving
Elijah
Jude

Isabel  
I look forward to Black Friday shopping each year!  I think there has only been 1 year since we got married that I didn't go shopping and that was because we were in Alabama.  I was really looking forward to it this year because I didn't have to take any babies!  I met up with 2 of my sisters at Walmart and we helped each other out through out the store.  It was packed so at times it really helped to be able to leave the carts with 1 person and send someone else out to push through the crowd.  There wasn't too much that I needed to get but it was still fun and I was able to get some really great deals.  And bonus, I was home by 9:30!  I probably would have gone to another store, but Mike was home with a sick Isabel who needed her momma.  Poor baby had a very nasty cough and cold that she is still fighting.  Even though I was home from shopping by 9:30 PM it was still a pretty sleepless night taking care of my baby girl.

Since we were all home Friday afternoon we decided to set up our Christmas tree!  We have a new (to us) tree this year.  We now have the tree that my dad used for years and years.  It is a very nice tree and quite a bit bigger than our previous tree!  I love how it looks in our living room.  Someday I would like to get a real tree, but for now I am perfectly content with a fake tree.
The boys had a blast helping me decorate.  Isabel still wasn't feeling too well so she cuddled on daddy's lap and watched.  Of course in all the excitement of getting the new tree up and having to send Mike out to buy some lights for it I didn't take a single picture while we were decorating it.  Ugh, I am not very happy with myself.  The boys did a great job and had so much fun together.  Jude even put the star on the top and was so proud of himself.  I may have to reenact that shot. :-)  The tree looks great and the house looks great, I love this time of year!
The boys with the finished tree (even Reggie joined the picture)

Such handsome boys!
All cozy in front of the tree in their new black Friday jammies!
 

No comments: