Friday, April 13, 2012

Dentist, Easter Bunny and the Dr

I had a day off last Friday so of course we made sure it was a very busy day. We started it off with the boys very first dentist appointment followed by a trip to see the Easter Bunny and then finishing it up with a check up at the Dr for all 3 kiddos. It was a fun busy day.




They boys did GREAT at the dentist. We had been talking about it for a few weeks because I wanted the boys to be prepared. Eli was very excited about it but Jude was a little nervous. I thought we would just have Eli go first and Jude could watch so he wouldn't be nervous. Once we got back there they had 2 people working on them side by side. I could see that Jude was nervous but I held his had and kept telling him he was doing great. The assistant that was working on him was perfect! She is meant to work with little kids. She talked him through everything and showed him what everything was to calm him down. The lady that worked on Eli wasn't as kid friendly but Eli did fine. Both of the boys got perfect scores for their teeth and the dentist told us to just keep doing what we are doing! The boys had fun and were super excited about their new tooth brushes! I am so proud of my boys!


Waiting at the very cool Dentist Office

Eli getting his teeth cleaned and watching a movie at the same time

Jude getting his teeth cleaned

No teeth = no dentist just yet :-)

Eli with Dr Chad

Jude with Dr Chad


After the dentist we came home for a bit and to have some lunch and then headed out for a surprise. We were supposed to see the Easter Bunny the weekend before but Eli had been sick so we didn't get to so we added it in to our busy day off. The boys were very excited to see the Easter bunny and I knew they would be fine. I wasn't too sure how miss Isabel would do but I am happy to report there were no tears!

Eli giving the Easter bunny a hugAll 3 with the Easter BunnyJust checking him out!


To finish off our busy day off I took all 3 kids to the Dr for their check ups. Isabel needed her 9 month check up, Eli needed his 4 year check up, and Jude never really had his 2 year check up so I decided to take all 3 at once to get it over with. It was a long time to ask 2 boys to sit and be patient but they did great and all 3 got good reports from the Dr. I was curious to see all 3 of their weights. I really expected Jude and Eli to be close in weight. Sometimes I think Isabel seems big and sometimes I think she seems little. Here are their current stats and then for fun their comparisons at 9 months.


Eli at 4 years old

37lbs (50%)

39 1/2in (25%)


Jude at 2 1/2 years old

33lbs (75%)

36 in (25-50%)


Isabel at 9 months old

17lbs 1oz (25-50%)

27 1/2in (50%)

head 44 1/2in (75%)


Eli at 9 months 17lbs 4ozJude at 9 months 17lbs 8ozIsabel at 9 months 17lbs 1oz

I sure do love these 3 kiddos!

4 comments:

Rajean B. said...

My goodness you were busy! I bet everyone slept well that night :) Love the photos with the Easter Bunny.

I thought it was interesting that Jude's weight percentile is quite high - I remember you having trouble with him gaining weight early on! Looks like he is doing well now.

Lastly, I was amazed at how much Eli and Isabel look alike in the 9 month photos! Too cute.

Jenni said...

Yeah Jude had some weight issues from2-6 months and had lost some weight but was back up to where he needed to be by 9 months and has continued to climb up the percentiles. :-)

Isabel does resemble Eli quite a bit. :-)

Jane Tinkle said...

It was a successful day for you and your kids! Nothing compares preparing a child for an important visit such as going to the dentist. Because of your efforts, the kids enjoyed their first dental visit. Nothing beats a parent's support.

children dentists said...

Interesting blog, I really enjoy reading on your post, I am looking forward to read more post from you soon.

children dentists