Friday, October 16, 2009

Eli's First Sentence!!!

We have been really trying to work with Eli on talking lately but we haven't been getting anywhere. We try to get him to say new words and he just says "Oh". I don't know what happened yesterday, I guess he just decided it was time to start talking. Eli has a sippy cup with dinosaurs on it, so he has called all of his sippy cups nino. Yesterday he brought me an empty cup and said muk (milk). I have been trying to get him to say milk for months now and out of the blue he said it. While watching his favorite show Yo Gabba Gabba he said Muno, Brobee and Toodee, 3 of the characters on the show. But the biggest surprise of the day was when he repeated a sentence. Eli said "I love you"! It was the sweetest thing and of course I shed a few tears over that one. I said I love you to Eli while pointing to my eye, my chest, and then pointing to him. I have been doing this for a while but he hasn't even tried to say the words or do the hand movements and all of sudden he did both.




It took me 2 days to get him to say it on video, but I think this video turned out perfect! Eli couldn't let you think he was all sweet so he had to add the little swats before he said I love you. I absolutely love that I got him saying I love you to Jude! It melts me heart! Please don't mind that he is half naked, we were getting ready for bed. Also I am sorry the house is a complete mess. As you can see we had a very busy afternoon of playing!

I hope they are always close!

2 comments:

Becky said...

awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Please the house is not that bad, with 2 young boys you have your hands full! I'm going to post a new video of Nicholas soon, it just takes forever for the video clip to load!

Maggie said...

This is SOOOO sweet!