Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Time!

Since we are only a few days away from Halloween we decided we better carve our pumpkin. :-)  We asked the boys what they wanted to put on our pumpkin and they decided they wanted it to be a happy pumpkin like Spookly the Square Pumpkin.  In the past we have done a dog, kitty bat, Purdue, Hawkeyes, and a Dinosaur so I was happy to do a simple happy face and this allowed for the boys to do some of the carving too!  Everyone had a blast and it turned out great even though the stem broke off the top.


Getting started!
Ready to dig in and get dirty!
EWWWW!
Its gooey!!
Jude was so ready



And had lots of fun!!
Checking out the pumpkin with my pumpkins!

Isabel wasn't too sure about it

But she did finally touch it! :-)

Then she was happy just to watch the boys dig in

Jude helping trace on the face
Eli helping trace on the face
The finished pumpkin!!
Isabel just kept smiling after the boys got up so I kept taking pictures

All lit up!


1 comment:

Rajean B. said...

Great job on the pumpkin. I have two still sitting on my front porch waiting to be carved!

We watched Spookly the Square Pumpkin the other night. I thought it was super cute. Don't know if you saw my FB status about Dallas getting so upset during a movie...well, that was while watching Spookly! Right this moment he is watching Dumbo and absolutely loves it! Crazy kid.