Friday, February 3, 2012

All Ready for Preschool

Eli is SOOOOO excited about going to preschool next fall. He talks about it all the time. On Tuesday we were able to check out a local preschool. It was so nice to be able to take just Eli and have this special time with him. We got to meet his teacher and see the classroom and even got a tour of the entire school. It was so neat to see him walking around and interacting with others. He would have loved to stay and start preschool right away. Isabel and Jude had fun with Grandma while we were gone.
Since I taught preschool before Eli was born I know that he is right where he needs to be developmentally and wouldn't necessarily need preschool but I think that the preschool experience is much more than that. I think he will really benefit from being around a group of kids his age. I also think it will be good for him to be away from me and to have to listen to someone else. He is with me ALL THE TIME and I think preschool will be good for him. He is absolutely ready, now I have 6 months to prepare myself for this big step. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. I will be ok, I will be ok. :-) Of course I had to snap a picture while we were there. :-)

All ready for preschool and looking so big

No comments: