Friday, August 5, 2011

Isabel at 1 Month

Sweet Baby Isabel Annette is 1 month old today!!! It is crazy how the last month of pregnancy drags on and the you have your baby and suddenly time flies. This past month has been wonderful! I love being a mom of 3! Isabel has been the perfect addition to our family. She is such a wonderful baby. At 1 month she is sleeping great at night. She generally is only waking up once to eat and then usually goes back to sleep pretty easily. We have really only had 1 rough night where I had a difficult time getting her back to sleep. Now sleep during the day is a different story. She falls asleep great in my arms and within a few minutes of me laying her down she is back awake. I have gotten used to doing pretty much anything with 1 hand. I got a moby wrap and have been using that a little bit and she will nap in there so that helps!

She is changing so much already. She is so much more alert now and she is really starting to look around and notice things. She really notices lights. She likes to sit in the boppy on the couch and look at the light coming in though the blinds. She is also starting to really focus on faces. She hasn't given us that big smile yet but I feel like that milestone is so close! She did have a big milestone in her first month. She rolled over twice!!! I know it wasn't at all intentional, she just got her self worked up while I was changing her diaper and managed to roll over on to her belly. Once at 2 1/2 weeks and once at 3 weeks. I was pretty impressed.

The boys absolutely love their little sister. They talk to her all the time and constantly want to help me with her. Jude loves to bring her blankets to me when I hold her but we have had to remind him a few times that he needs mommy or daddy there to help. He has tried to cover her up by himself a few times. Luckily he hasn't tried to pick her up. It is neat to see how they respond to her and I am excited to see how the react when she is able to respond to them.

Isabel had her 1 month check up yesterday to make sure she was still gaining weight. She is doing so well! In the last week she has gained 13 oz and finally passed her birth weight! She is still in newborn clothes but she is finally filling them out. It won't be long until she fits into her 0-3 months clothes. I am glad because we have so many 0-3 month summer outfits that I want her to wear before it gets too cool!


1 month stats:

8lbs 12oz 25-50%

21 1/2in 50%

Head 37 1/2in 25%


Isabel Annette 1 Month Old

Doing a little tummy time!

So strong already!With her Pooh (I am hoping to do this each month)

She loves him already!
And he loves her :-)Eli and Isabel
Jude and Isabel

3 comments:

Rajean B. said...

I'm glad you are adjusting so well! The boys look like they will be very protective big brothers :) btw...that is one huge Pooh Bear!

Beth said...

Love that baby girl.

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

Love the pictures with Pooh! SO CUTE!!