Monday, June 27, 2011

Our Not So Fun Weekend

We had a very yucky, no fun weekend. It started out great, we took the boys to see Cars 2 in the theater and they both had a great time even though Jude fell asleep. We got home from the movies and both boys took a nap and then the weekend went way down hill after that. Jude had gotten sick in his bed during nap but was still acting ok. Eli had a little snack after nap and then was playing when he suddenly started vomiting all over the living room. Saturday was more vomit, diarrhea, and lots of laziness. The boys spent the majority of the weekend camped out on the couches watching movies. They just didn't have any energy at all. Saturday night they both perked up and were able to have some Gatorade and crackers without getting sick so we thought we were out of the woods. Unfortunately they both woke up Sunday throwing up again. Eli only got sick a few times but Jude continued to get sick throughout the day. Poor guy couldn't even keep down 1/2tsp of Gatorade. I was getting concerned that he was getting dehydrated.
Luckily both boys seem to be doing much better today. Eli woke up full of energy and starving. I think he has his meals planned out for the next 3 days and he has also requested that once everyone is feeling better we go to the breakfast restaurant (Bob Evans). :-) Jude is doing better too but since he was so bad yesterday we wanted to take it slow today with how much he drank and ate and he wasn't happy about that. So by noon we broke down and let him eat more than just crackers. He would perk up when he would eat but as soon as he was done he would be exhausted again and could barely keep his eyes open. I have never seen him like this. Both boys took a 3 1/2 hour nap today sleeping until 4:45 and were ready for bed by 8:30. I am hoping that they wake up tomorrow with their energy back.

Saturday

Sunday

My poor boys



Baby news: or lack of baby news :-) I am 37 weeks 5 days today. This is officially my longest pregnancy. Eli was born at exactly 37 weeks and Jude was born at 37 weeks 2 days. Last week I was all ready to have this baby girl but today I am thanking God that I haven't gone into labor yet. This weekend I was so concerned with the boys that I would have been so sad to have to leave them, even though I know our family would have jumped in to help in a second. My focus was 100% on getting the boys healthy. Now that the boys are starting to feel better I am getting anxious about meeting baby girl. I know it won't be long until she is in my arms.

1 comment:

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

Poor little boys! I am glad they are doing better! Now it is time for Baby Girl to arrive...I think she is waiting until Mommy and Daddy decide on a name...and tell the two Grandmas what it is;)!!!!! Don't you think so, Alice?